This week has been filled with food, food and more food. In between cooking and eating I've squeezed in a little Christmas cheer and some relaxation, too.
Some recent highlights I want to remember:
- Making this broccoli salad recipe. Hot sauce and the sweetness of honey and craisons together? What? Sounds weird but it works!
- More holiday baking and a small victory: I have not eaten all of the results of my baking projects.
- Mixing up a batch of muesli (from this great cookbook). It's so nice to have a jar in the cupboard to mix with Greek yogurt for a healthy (hearty) breakfast.
- Completing a jigsaw puzzle. It may be a little nerdy, but working on a jigsaw puzzle feels like the holidays to me.
- Churning out some pumpkin pie ice cream in my new ice cream maker (a.k.a. the best birthday gift ever).
- Spending an hour next to a fresh Christmas tree. There are few smells better than this one. Next year I will have a fresh Christmas tree in my house, so help me.
This weekend I'm looking forward to ringing in 2012 (and thinking up a resolution or two)!
Happy Friday and happy, happy New Year!